Tuesday 21 August 2012

The Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lipstain ALTERNATIVE for only a quid!

When reviews of the popular Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lipstain started cropping up in their dozens from those lucky bloggers in America, I too was jealous and so desperately needed one or two in my life. Despite those beautiful buggers now being available in Boots and Superdrug, I travelled 3000+ miles to get mine and have justified it being cheaper due to the exchange rate.

So after reading Terri's review on these very briefly over the weekend (If you don't know who Terri is, then you better check her blog out here and sharpish!), Liam and myself took a little adventure into our local Poundland to see if we could find myself any. And oh did we find some..


The two shades I picked up were Autumn Leaf (top) and Peony (bottom) and I found that I had to dig deep for these two as they were lurking behind a ton of Fiery Red's which looked far too dark for my liking.

Autumn Leaf is a mid brown shade with red undertones running through it which may be a little too dark for all you pale beauties out there whereas Peony may be better suited as it's a rather delicate pink. I found that when I compared these to RJBKL, they were very similar apart from the price of course and the lasting power.

Have you tried these/similar alternative/the real deal?

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I've never seen this product before. Hopefully they will have some in my local poundland! :D

    I'll have a little smooch around before work. :)

    xx

    http://amandainneverland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently these have been around a few months before the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lipstain became available in the UK.

      Hopefully you'll find some! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've recently done a review on the shade 'damson' which is a hot pink shade here; http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/chit-chat-juicy-lipstick-revlon.html I love it, I've near enough worn it every day since buying it haha.

    I also bought peony over the weekend! Can't wait to try that one out too :)

    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep on checking in my local Poundland to see if they have this in stock and they dont :( xo

      Delete
  3. How amazing are these! I love a cheap dupe, in fact my blog has 'budget' in the title hahaa following :) xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to try these but I get a bit scared of super cheap cosmetics as many test on animals. I've yet to find any info on weather or not chit chat does. Do you know if they do? Peony looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look really good! I love the look of Peony - it's just like my usual lip products but obviously I could do with another :) haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You can never have enough lip products ;) xo

      Delete
  6. I wish my local Poundland had these shades in, I could only find the red one! They look great :) x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just keep checking and make sure you hunt behind those pesky red ones. As there may be a hidden gem lurking behind :) xo

      Delete
  7. I keep seeing these but I've never tried the brand before so wasn't sure whether they were worth picking up! xo

    ReplyDelete