Sunday 30 December 2012

Boxing Day Sales Haul

I rarely venture out after Christmas to hit the sales as I like most people, prefer doing it in the comfort of my own home. Last year, I spent quite a fair bit on the sales but this year not so much. Liam dragged me out of the house a couple of days ago to hit the sales as I had some Christmas money and a gift card which needing spending!



I've had a few vouchers laying around for Boots which all expire on Monday and I thought that I better use up some of them. I've been after a detanging spray for a few weeks now and seeing as I had a 75p off Aussie voucher, I thought that it would be rude not to pick up an Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance Leave-In Conditioner which not only conditions my hair, it also detangles it as well! The smell of this is to die for just like with the rest of the Aussie range. I've been eyeing up 17's Nudist Peach lipstick for a while and just had to pick it up (and to get 100 bonus points as well!) It's described as a natural peachy shade but as the 17 Shine On Lipsticks have been repackaged, I'm not sure if this lipstick has been reformulated or not.


As I had a joy card for The Body Shop (TBS) I knew I needed to get something from there. Sadly, it was only worth £3 and I didn't really need anymore facial buffers so I thought I would pick up their Facial Loofah Pads and give those a whirl. Each TBS puts together little gift sets of stock especially for the boxing day sales (or a few days after Boxing Day in our case) and Liam treated me to a Tea Tree giftset which includes me all time favourite Tea Tree Pore Minimiser, Tea Tree Facial Wash and a toner to match which came up to £12.50 which is definitely a bargain in my eyes as I always think that TBS is way over priced. However, I've now come to realise that the items in each gift set are three for two which still is pretty good going.

 Every birthday and Christmas, my Auntie Miranda always gives me a £20 National Book Gift Card which can be spent in any book store. I always eagerly await the arrival of these as I love choosing which new books to get. After reading The Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan last year, I was surprised to see a Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe which made its way into my basket straight away. The book cover illustration looks absolutely stunning and I cant wait to read it! I'm a big fan of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding so there was no way that I was leaving W H Smiths without Tales of the Gypsy Dressmaker by Thelma Madine. It tells you of her journey of the ups and downs and how she got to where she is today. I started this book the minute I got back to Liams' and I've now sadly finished it *sad face*. I was on the lookout of Chloe Simms' autobiography but sadly I couldn't find it so instead I got Sam Faiers' autobiography which goes into great detail of her life before TOWIE and what's it like in between filming TOWIE.
 Readers who have been following my blog right from the very start will know what my hair has been like and my struggle to get it to its natural state. After doing some research, I believe that my hair follicles are lacking in Iron so I definitely marched into Holland & Barrett to get myself some iron tablets. Luckily, these two were the last ones in stock and they were half price as well! Bonus!

What did you pick up in the Boxing Day Sales?

2 comments:

  1. I love the cupcake cafe book- did not know about the christmas one! need to get my hands on this xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know what its like when I've finished the Sam Faiers one :) xo

      Delete