Thursday 18 April 2013

#NottsBBMeet Haul

On Saturday, I went along to the muchly anticipated #NottsBBMeet which not only was a massive turnout (55 people overall had turned up either for the day event or just for the evening event) but was also a very expensive day not only for myself may I just add!

I found myself in the company of my three best friends from blogging; Sophie from Candy Cane Heart, Jessie from The Bode Boutique and Sophia from Tattooed Tealady as well as many other people from the blogging community who I had much pleasure meeting and shopping with! There were quite a few swatching moments, especially in MAC with Jessie as well as many spur of the moment moments with Emma from Style Splash to name a few. 


First place I shopped in was of course Kiehl's as not only are their staff helpful and friendly but also very persuasive at making you part with your pennies! I was already intending on picking up their Midnight Recovery Concentrate but after getting it recommended during my skin consultation, I was most definitely not going to leave their branch without it! Next place was MAC where I found myself getting my swatch on with Jessie who couldn't quite decide on whether to get a Moss Green or a more Khaki Green for her MAC palette. After much deliberating on her part over which shade to get, I mean while decided to pick up two MAC lipsticks in Hue and Creme D'Nude which have been on my wishlist for quite a while. Hue is a definite blogger hyped up shade as it's described as being a soft pale pink which is why it's so popular with many bloggers after a nude lip whereas Creme D'Nude is of course a true nude in my eyes.

After MAC, a few of us ventured into Space NK where I finally got matched up to the infamous Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation! I'm in the shade Rose Ivory which is the second lightest shade if you were wondering. I also managed to get a complete make over by the friendly Sarah who also convinced me to buy the Caudalie Beauty Elixir whilst prepping my skin which sadly they only had in the bigger size. I also popped my NARS virginity and picked up the Laguna Bronzer which I'm sure will lead to more purchases from NARS very soon!

Last port of call was Boots who were still having their 3 for 2 across all make up and hair care. This is the only time that I think every beauty blogger really splash their cash in Boots as the savings you make when you're being savvy truly are amazing! I repurchased my favourite hair oil which is Organix Macadamia Oil which I've reviewed here. I also picked up the matching shampoo and conditioner which I cannot wait to start using! I also caved and pick up three more Real Techniques brushes. The three I got are the stippling blush, blush brush and the expert face brush.

As you can see it was a very expensive day which also lead to a very expensive Sunday too (Carbooting + IKEA is never a good mix!) More on what I bought from IKEA very soon!

Have you tried any of the products that I've mentioned above?

No comments:

Post a Comment