Saturday 14 February 2015

Lush The Kiss Lip Scrub

I never truly suffer with unruly chapped lips - I apply lip balm most days and don't feel the need to invest in a lip scrub especially when my previous one tasted revolting. That was until I caught wind of Lush's The Kiss Lip Scrub containing hundreds of thousands of which I was instantly sold on as it's not like every lip scrub has sprinkles in it.

Lush's The Kiss Lip Scrub (£5.50) is unlike any other lush lip scrub as it contains edible hearts and hundreds of thousands as well as the normal blend of caster sugar and oil with the added extras of cocoa butter, fine sea salt and silician mandarin oil to make this one hell of a uplifting, exfoliating salty sweet treat.To apply, you simply dip your finger in the pot and gently buff it over the lips surface before licking or wiping it off. You can also make it less abrasive by applying a layer of lip balm before application closely followed by applying lip balm to lock in moisture.

As this is only the second lip scrub I've tried, I wasn't expecting it to be so fine in texture! It is literally like really fine sugar with sprinkles mixed in which is slightly hard to pick up with your finger. It is also makes it extremely messy when it comes to rubbing over the lips as it gets everywhere! The edible hearts and hundreds of thousands are more of a gimmick than anything else although I don't mind them as it makes it more valentine appropriate. Despite how gimmickly messy it is, it sure does a damn god job at buffing up my lips especially when used only a few times a week closely followed by a good application of lip balm. I would advise you to pick it up whilst you can as I don't expect it to be on the shelves for much longer especially when it's limited edition!

2 comments: