Tuesday 1 January 2013

December Empties

It's that time of the month again where I get to share what products I have finished. I'm some what glad that I've managed to finish up a few products in particular as they've been laying around for quite a long time thus making room for repurchases or buying something new its in place.


I was very sad to see my Radox Eastern Spirit Bath Soak go as I really enjoyed using this in my baths. I used it every time I had a bath to create bubbles and this created so many bubbles! It also made the bathroom smell so good which is probably the rejuvenating blend of oriental lotus flower with orange blossom. I finished up the Magnolia Bath & Shower Gel which has been linguering in the bathroom for god knows how many years. It was an alright product - it made a sufficient amount of bubbles but it is most definitely something that I wouldn't be repurchasing. I don't normally fake tan but throughout December I had a few Christmas parties to go to so I finally got the chance to finish up W7 Tights In A Tin. I cannot fault the application for this as you simply spray it on and wait a few moments before dressing. The only downside to this was that it did make me look a tad orange. Another product that I was sad to see go was the Royal Jelly & Pure Honey Body Scrub as this really helped to exfoliate my arms. It was a little too rough at times but it left my arms feeling silky smooth and I would definitely consider repurchasing this. I finished up quite a few samples including Tresemme Luxurious Moisture Shampoo/Conditioner, Tresemme Moisture Rich Shampoo/Conditioner and Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo. I cannot really say whether they did the trick or not but it was a nice change to use up a few samples.


I finished up Superdrug Naturally Radiant Hot Cloth Cleanser which I started to really enjoy towards the end of it. At first, I couldn't get on with it as the smell of it was rather weird but I grew to love it. It didn't really leave my face looking radiant but it did make my face look a lot healthier in the long run. When I finished up Tresemme Keratin Deep Treatment Masque, I rushed out the very next day to repurchase it. I used this regularly instead of a weekly treatment as my hair is pretty damaged and it left it feeling silky smooth and full of life again. I will continue repurchasing this until they discontinue it! Another product that I rushed out to repurchase was the Superdrug Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream. I stopped using this after I came back from America but I rekindled my love for it and its been bliss ever since. This sinks into my skin so quickly leaving my skin look radiant and healthy again. I've already repurchased this and a back up for it! Just like in every empties, you can expect to see Lacura 3 in 1 Facial Cleansing Wipes - this month I finished two up! They're good to use for a variety of things and not just my face. I finished up a Golden Wonder Bath Bomb from Lush which I really enjoyed - it fizzed up releasing gold and blueness into my bath along with stars. This was a nice treat to use on Christmas Eve! I also finished up another bath bomb from Lush in the shape of their Boogg Bath Bomb which is in the shape of a snow mans head. This fizzed up really quickly and was gone within 30 seconds or so - it was a nice treat but I wouldn't say that I would be repurchasing it as I don't think it did much. I went through a pack of Allura Cotton Pads this month. They're good for toning and cleansing and they do the trick. I still have quite the stash of these so I won't be repurchasing any time soon.


I finally finished up the Rimmel Recover Foundation which I really do like - it's such a shame that it has been discontiued! It's a bit like the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation but with a little more shimmer in it. It leaves a dewy natural finish which just looks flawless. I'm glad that I've got a back up of this bad boy and I am determined to find somebody online who sells this! I've finished up another pack of Salon System Individual Lashes Ultra - these are my go to lashes and I wouldn't change them for the world. I've decided to throw away the ELF Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara despite not finishing it as it's gotten rather yucky and disgusting. It definitely did the job at taming my brows and I would consider repurchasing it. Another throwaway product is the MUA Brush-On Concealer Pen which has dried up completely - there is no way I can use it! I reviewed it back in November and I came to use it a couple of weeks ago to when I discovered it's dried up. It was rather crappy anyway but I'm gutted that I've wasted money on it. I used up a sample of the Vichy Idelia Pro Deep Corrector which I found didn't do anything at all in the terms of correcting apart from moisturising my skin. It's a nice product none the less but I wouldn't mind if it actually did something. I've also used up a sample of the Max Factor Face Finity Foundation which I really liked - it left a flawless natural finish which covered up all my blemishes. I will definitely consider purchasing this in full size. Lastly, I finished up a sample of the Nivea Express Hydration Primer. I really did like this but I don't think it did much in terms of making my makeup last longer.

I used up a whooping 24 products this month! How many did you use up?

No comments:

Post a Comment