Tuesday 8 September 2015

Benefit Gimme Brow Review




Eyebrows are the beauty world's marmite - you either love 'em or hate 'em. The days of having perfectly preened eyebrows are long gone and it's either go unruly or go home! I personally prefer going against everyone and the world by having them looking at least half decent without making them look too overdrawn/filled in. I used to fill them in with a powder whereas nowadays I strictly stick to two products - MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Lingering and Benefit Gimme Brow.

I never thought I would say this but I simply cannot live without Benefit Gimme Brow (£18.50) as it truly has changed the way that I fill in my eyebrows. It's a brush-on fiber gel that adheres to the skin to create naturally thicker looking brows. The brush itself is tiny in size with a tapered edge that means that you can really work it into the brows, filling even the teenist of gaps without the worry of spreading too much product around the surrounding area. Unlike the more typical larger than life mascara spoolies that most brow gels feature, this fits my brow easily and I find that just a few coats is all that is needed to give the appearance of fuller looking brows.

It is essentially a light tinted gel that can be applied in layers repeatedly until you've achieved your desired look. It quite literally glides on with such ease and it dries quickly without looking overly crispy too. It's available in two shades; Light/Medium which is a light ash brown that is ideal for most dark blondes/light brunettes and Medium/Deep that is a cool toned medium brown that is suitable for most brunettes. I got matched up to Light/Medium which matches my brow colour perfectly which for tinted brow gels is practically unheard of! Whilst you are basically paying for a mascara specifically for your brows, I believe that it is most definitely worth it especially if you've got the lightest of brows or invisible eyebrows altogether where you struggle to make them look as natural as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment