Thursday 10 September 2015

The Only Electrical Toothbrush Worth Investing In!


I think that dental hygiene is one of those topics that isn't talked about enough on blogs which is funny because everybody including you and I brush our teeth twice a day amongst flossing, using mouthwash etc. I will admit that I didn't used to be a big fan of brushing my teeth whilst I was growing up as I would much rather spend those two minutes watching TV or playing on the computer than having to commit to cleaning my teeth. Nowdays, that's quite a different story and I enjoy nothing more than brushing my teeth however nerdy that sounds. I've tried various toothbrushes over the years ranging from the cheap manual toothbrushes that make your gums bleed to electrical toothbrushes which remove a lot more plaque for a lot less arm work! I'm rather lucky in my line of work as I'm given the opportunity to try all kinds of electrical devices so I was quite excited when I received the Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean Pink Toothbrush HX9361/67* (£249.99) which I've been using for the best part of three months now on a daily basis.

Firstly, I love how the Diamond Clean range comes in a variety of three colours (soon to be four!) where there is a colour to suit everyone or unless you're like me and instantly gravitate to the pink version of everything! Unlike some electrical toothbrushes that I've tried, this has to be the most comfortable one to hold with a sleek, modern look that wouldn't look out of place at the Apple store. Philips have really thought of everyone when it comes to the specifications of the product as you've got two different ways to charge it either with the charging glass; which is a more hygienic outlook on the traditional charging plug or through using the handy travel case that you can charge through USB. I much prefer the latter as you can store your toothbrush and up two heads in the case which is ideal for travelling. What makes the Philips Diamond Clean toothbrushes stand out amongst the likes of Oral B and Colgate is that one single charge will last for up to three weeks of brushing your teeth twice a day, for two minutes each time which is quite simply a life saver as with my previous electrical toothbrushes, I felt that I was forever charging them.

Unlike other electrical toothbrushes that may only have a few modes, the Philips Diamond Clean toothbrushes have FIVE modes which all vary in length of time as well as using a quadpacer which is an interval timer that beeps and briefly pauses, reminding you to brush all four sections of the mouth.. Clean is the standard brushing mode which is the ultimate option for plaque removal which lasts for two minutes; White helps remove surface stains for two minutes with an additional thirty seconds to both brighten and polish your front teeth; Polish is a quick one minute mode to brighten and polish your teeth; Gum Care has combined the clean mode with an additional minute to gently stimulate and massage the gums to improve gum health whilst the Sensitive mode is the extra gentle mode for sensitive teeth and gums.  Whilst I do have sensitive teeth, I do like to mix up my brushing by using three different modes; Sensitive followed by Polish for one minute, finishing up with White for one minute which means that I'm brushing my teeth altogether for four minutes. Four minutes may seem a little obsessive to most however I feel that this has truly worked for me in the long run especially thanks to it's 62,000 brush strokes per minute. Moving from a manual to an electrical or changing brands altogether can be a little scary at first when it comes to brushing your teeth however Philips have introduced an easy start feature that gently eases you into using an electrical toothbrush, gradually increasing the sonic power over the first fourteen brushings.

The Diamond Clean head comes as standard with all Diamond Clean toothbrushes which is a unique diamond shaped head that covers more surface area than other brush heads whilst giving you better brushing however you can opt to change it for any other head as they're all interchangeable with each other. I've currently got my eye on the new Adaptive Clean heads that have an enhanced adaptive brush head that helps reduce any brushing pressure which makes it more gentle for the gums which sound right up my street. As a side note, they all have reminder bristles on the heads which are blue to begin with but after three months worth of brushing, they slowly turn white indicating that you need to change it for a new one which is a genius way of keeping track. As you can see from my brush head, it's not as blue as it once was meaning that I've only got so much more brushing to go with this head before it needs replacing.

Whilst the price can put a lot of people off, including myself, I believe that it is definitely worth it in the long run as you only have one set of teeth to last you for life and you want to take the upmost care of them. It may seem like such a big cost at first but once you work out that it will last you easily three years if not more, it isn't such a huge cost spread out and is much more cost effective than a manual toothbrush. It's also quite often on offer at half price too which makes it even more worthwhile to invest in! Since switching over to Philips, I've  achieved a much whiter smile that has not only boosted my confidence immensly but I've found myself wanting to show it off which means that I'm now constantly smiling at both work and at home. I've even converted friends and family over to Philips and they've noticed such a huge difference in their smile too!

No comments:

Post a Comment