Saturday 7 May 2016

Current Haircare Routine



If you were to ask me what my biggest concern was, I would most definitely reply by saying my hair. Don't get me wrong, my skin and weight are still concerns however those can be changed almost instantly by working out and using products specific to my concerns but with my hair, it's a working progress. I've dabbled around many colours going from brunette to bleach blonde to red and all the way back again. I've finally settled on a colour that I'm comfortable with which I cannot express my love for enough however it does require a lot of upkeep to keep it soft and manageable and not so dry so I've been reaching for a lot of products to do so.

After washing my hair and keeping it wrapped up in a hair turban for a couple of hours or so to dry as much as possible, I spritz the Salon Services Protein Spray quite liberally all over. This literally helps to nourish your hair either if it's wet or dry and add some much needed shine back into your hair. I then follow this up with the Bumble and Bumble Prep Primer which is filled with with vitamins that helps condition hair, smooth away any tangles and makes any additional styling products work better. I've been using this for well over a year and I can certainly vouch for it's last statement! Before brushing my hair, I then use the Ojon Revitalizing Mist which is essentially a beefed up version of the Bumble and Bumble product but just smells better and feels more conditioning in the hair. 

After brushing my hair with hair brush similar to the Tangle Teezer except with a handle, I use another conditioning product in the form of It's A 10 Miracle Leave-In Product which I tend to concentrate on my mid-lengths downwards. This helps with literally all hair concerns and as I use it quite generously, I seem to be going through it at an alarming rate! As my hair lacks in volume, I like to use an oil that helps creating volume so I've been trialling the Percy & Reed Smoothed, Sealed & Sensational Volumising No Oil Oil which I concentrate on mainly my roots to my mid-lengths. This specifically states to use a small amount of drops and working it way through your hair however I've been using a lot and I've noticed that the minute I work it through my hair, it instantly looks more volumised albeit short lived. As the ends of my hair are heavily bleached, I tend to apply an oil that is quite nourishing so at the moment I've been reaching for the Ojon Rare Blend Oil Total Hair Therapy that is one of those products that you need to shake up to combine the layers in order to use. If I'm honest, I really do not like this product as no matter how little I use, my hair feels greasy almost instantly after using yet I'm determined to use it up. If you have any tips of how to make this work then they'll be more appreciated!

As you can tell, I do use a lot of products in my hair but that is purely to keep my hair hydrated as it can feel dry rather easily due to the amount of bleach in my hair. I've been using these products for the best part of six months and they have been working wonders for my hair however once I have used up certain products, they won't be getting repurchased as I don't want my hair to get too used to a product for it to then stop working for me altogether.

What hair products do you reach for?

No comments:

Post a Comment