Thursday 19 July 2012

NELLY.COM

I recently won a competition held by the beautiful Caroline over at All About The Girl courtsey of NELLY.COM to win one of two £50 giftcards to be spent on their website. Like everybody is when they win something, I was so happy. This couldn't have come at a better time - especially when my trip to America is only around the corner.


I had never heard about NELLY.COM before until a few people I follow on Twitter started retweeting a few of their tweets. For those who don't know about them, NELLY.COM is a Swedish business that begun back in 2004 who focus mainly on beauty and fashion. They stock over 750 different brands in their product range which cater for men and women aged between 18 and 35.
 VERO MODA MAROCCO T-SHIRT IN PINK || £19.95*

The first item I came across was this pink dip dyed cropped top which I instantly fell in love with. I just had to have it! It's in that shade of pink which will look good with a tan, which is a bonus as I'll hoping to get very tanned whilst I'm out in America. I didn't know what their sizes are like so I played it safe and got it in size large (14) which I now kind of regret as it's a little too big however I prefer it that way as I'm not showing too much of my stomach.

 VERO MODA MAROCCO T-SHIRT IN YELLOW || £19.95*

I then got the exact same top but in yellow. I don't know why but I think the dip dyed affect of it just made me want it in yellow as well. I have to admit, it does look cute. The only downside/s about this is that once again, I played it safe and ordered it in a large and no doubt I will attract flies whilst wearing this 
(Cause flies love yellow clothing).

 CINE COLLAR || £4.95*

After looking through the rest of their clothing, I couldn't find anything else which made me want to buy it there and then - there were things which I wanted but they were a tad overpriced in my opinion. I decided to get some collar tops as I have a beautiful vintage blouse which would look beautiful with them on. And because I've been wanting some for ages but didn't particularly fancy getting them from Hong Kong.

  MIYO NAILED IT! NAIL POLISH IN GRAPE || £4.95*

The last item that I decided to get was a nail polish as you can never have enough nail varnishes, right? I decided on a nice minty, more green than blue nail polish from MIYO called Grape. Why it's called Grape is beyond me but I don't have a shade like this colour and thought what the heck.

I cannot fault NELLY.COM at all with their fabulous array of products at okay-ish prices however I extremely dislike their shipping supplier UPS. Not for the fact that it took 10 days to get here from Switzerland because I was completely fine with that, it's just the fact that according to UPS, that the end of the day is half 2 which is when they tried to deliver it. And even then, they didn't leave a "We tried to deliver but you were out" note like what Royal Mail does. So I rung them up three times (as their phoning system layout SUCKS) and finally got through to somebody who would arrange for me to pick it up from the UPS centre near me which was only down the road. 

I would just like to thank the wonderful Caroline again for this giveaway and being ever so hopeful when I had problems with the giftcard number.

Have you bought anything from NELLY.COM?

No comments:

Post a Comment