Sunday 12 July 2015

Origins Ginzing Refreshing Scrub Cleanser


















Early on last year, I was quite lucky in the fact that my local Boots had hundreds of Origins products on clearance which I took full advantage of! Out of all the products there, I managed to find a few of the Ginzing Refreshing Scrub Cleanser which at the time had only just been released and I was very curious about so I couldn't resist buying a few of it!


The Origins Ginzing Refreshing Scrub Cleanser (£18.50) is a two in one cleanser that is filled with radiance boosting panel ginseng and caffeine. It also contains jojoba and carnauba wax to gently exfoliate the skin and help unclog pores whilst the added essential oil blend of grapefruit, lemon and spearmint help perk you up ready to face the day ahead.

Unlike most cleansers that I've become accustomed to that don't foam up, the Origins offering foams up within seconds of applying onto the skin whilst behaving just like a gel cleanser. This has made me quite unsure of using it on a daily basis as I've had foaming cleansers are a no go drummed into me. Whilst the tiny exfoliating beads may be a nice added bonus, I personally don't agree with them as they literally do nothing to my skin in terms of exfoliating which is probably down to the fact that they're man made beads rather than something natural. To use, I simply squeeze out a small-ish size before blobbing it all over my face before proceeding to massage it in. To remove, I simply take a muslin cloth and remove like you would any cleanser. Whilst it may not do anything for my skin in terms of exfoliating, it does however cleanse my skin but I always follow up with an additional cleanser as I tend to use this more as a extremely gentle exfoliator than an actual cleanser. Since I've started using this on the occasions when I'm not using a acidic toner, my skin does appear slightly more radiant after use however it always feels slightly tight and dry in areas so I always have to follow up with a very hydrating toner afterwards. Overall, I wouldn't say that this is a miracle product as it's far from that however it's something passable that would do the job. I for one will not be repurchasing this as I have far too many of these in my stash to use up which will probably last me forever.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same about this! I purchased it, but quickly went off it and I'm usually obsessed with Origins. I did like it... It just wasn't anything special I don't think

    ❤ The Jewel Beauty Blog ❤ || Kerastase Hair Exfoliator Review

    ReplyDelete