Saturday 12 April 2014

Superdrug Vitamin E Day Cream




In addition to using the Superdrug Vitamin E Night Cream, I've been using the matching day cream from the same range. The Superdrug Vitamin E Moisturising Day Cream has been specifically developed to hydrate, nourishing and protect the skin against the sun's UVA and UVB rays all whilst providing 12-hour moisturisation with the added bonus of SPF15. It is enriched with naturally sourced Vitamin E which helps to shield the skin against environmental damage and premature skin ageing. It also contains a skin conditioning multivitamin complex which consists of vitamins A, B, F and H which when combined with horse chesnut extract, helps to care for dry skin.

I've been using this every morning for the past seven months now and I'm not entirely sure if I love it as much as I love the night cream. It has the exact same scent as the cleanser which although not everybody may like, I personally love it. It's light weight in texture but it does require a little more elbow grease to massage in. A little goes a very long way with this which means if you apply too much, which I seem to do on a regular basis, you can end up with a rather white face which leaves bits all over. Whilst it claims to provide 12-hour moisturisation, I don't think it does as although my skin does feel soft to the touch after applying it, it can feel a little dry after a few hours after applying it.

I know that SPF15 is very low especially when we're now getting into spring/summer where I will require something a little higher but I think it's a good place to start especially when the UK lacks in good quality, budget facial moisturisers with SPF20+ in them. If you know any or have used any, please recommend them below as for the time being, I'll make do with this until I go to America where I'll be picking up both SPF30 and SPF50.

No comments:

Post a Comment