Tuesday 23 October 2012

Collection Volume Sensation Lipstick in Satin Bow


Collection, formerly known as Collection 2000, has really been improving itself over these past few months and have brought out many items which are almost as good as high end products in some cases. I've been a keen lover of Collection and I use quite a few of their products daily, some of which I simply couldn't live without! Their products vary in price but they're all really good quality and definitely worth a look in.


Many moons ago when in Superdrug, I noticed that they had new lipsticks in the Collection range which hadn't been swatched (Oh the thrill of ruining new tester lipsticks!) and I got busy swatching away. I fell in love with a lipstick but unforunately they didn't have it in stock so instead I settled for this one called Satin Bow.


Satin Bow is from Collection's Volume Sensation range which is the range which looks rather pink and tacky. However, despite the packaging, this is quite simply one of the most beautiful pink based nudes I've ever laid my eyes on. It's a rather milk looking peachy-pink which is just perfect to wear during the day time. This apparently contains up to 40% volumising ingredients which makes your lips look more plumped or so Collection claims! It's a very creamy and moisturising texture which feels almost like a Revlon Lip Butter. I personally found that this didn't last too long on my lips, roughly about an hour or so until it faded almost completely. I found that this didn't have a particular over powering scent, apart from your usual lipstick smell which will definitely appeal to most people. One thing that I didn't particularly like about this lipstick is the fact that it highlights any flaws that may be on yours lips which kind of reminds me of Barry M's lip paints although no where near as drying.

Swatch of Satin Bow 

Overall, I really do like this lipstick and I can definitely see myself wearing more of it when Spring comes around as right now, I feel this colour just isn't right for when it's cold and foggy. I cant wait to get my hands on more lipsticks from this range!

Have you tried any lipsticks from Collection's Volume Sensation range?

6 comments:

  1. Wow i love the colour, i need to check out these lipsticks!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! I think they have about 13 different shades in the range xo

      Delete
  2. I definitely think collections lipsticks aren't hyped enough! They are great, I have ones from both the original and plumping range and love them. This is a pretty colour!
    Gem x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I can't wait to get some more to add to my collection xo

      Delete
  3. This one looks great,
    I'm still searching for the perfect pink lipstick!

    ReplyDelete