Wednesday 24 October 2012

Pure Daily All In One Blemish Balm


Blemish/Beauty Balm's have been around for quite a while but it's been this year, that they've really kicked off in the high street. Many brands have brought out their own BB cream from Garnier to Dior with all very different price tags. However, the main issue with many, if not most BB creams, is that they only seem to cater two to three shades; light, medium and dark. Which does not always suit the wearer as it can be too dark, too orange or in some cases too pink. However, I guess that's the probably with the Western BB Creams, as there are many different skin colours to cater for unlike the BB creams which you can find in the far East which are primarly the same colour almost.


Whilst browsing the aisles of Home Bargains, I noticed that Pure had brought out their very own BB Cream which come in two shades Light and Medium although they have since brought out an Ultra Light which I cannot seem to find! I thought it would be rude not to buy both shades and add them both to my collection. Just like with many BB creams, Pure claims that this can even out skin tone, blur imperfections, smooth fine lines, hides redness, camouflage dark shadows and be used as an eye contour treatment. That's a lotta claims! The formula of the BB cream also contains collagen, avocado oil, allantoin and aloe vera to help moisture and soften the skin. 

The packaging of this has a lot going on but in a good way. It's very informative and it tells you exactly what the ingredients are, what it claims to do amongst other things. It's neither too bright nor too dull, it's exactly what I personally would be looking for in a BB cream. I liked that these both had a foil seal on the cap to prevent it from leaking/exploding instead of not having one as I find that BB creams which don't have a foil seal on them tend to be used in the shop as a tester depsite it not being a tester.

Swatches of Light (L) and Medium (R)

You can tell that I accidently put a little too much of both on my arm but that wasn't my fault! You can already tell that both shades are going to be completely wrong for my skin tone however I'm sure that when I get my hands on Ultra Light, it will definitely be the right shade. You can definitely tell how thick these swatches were and just how creamy they look!

 Swatches of Light (L) and Medium (R)

I found that after blending and buffing them both in for quite a while, they did eventually sink in. You can see that the difference in colour of both, with Medium being slightly orange and Light having pink tones in it. None the less, I'm sure that if I mixed them up with some bronzer/lighter foundation then they will eventually suit my skin tone. Overall, I do really like them but right now, they're being put away until it's Spring/Summer time.

You can purchase these from Home Bargains for £3.99 each. 

No comments:

Post a Comment