Thursday 18 October 2012

Revlon Lip Butters

When the Revlon Lip Butters were finally released in the UK a few months ago, I think everybody and their nan went crazy for them especially after the raving reviews of them from those lucky people across the pond in America. I know that there are many, many reviews of these across the blogging world but I thought I would write my two cents about them and what I personally think about them. One thing that I would just like to point out is how cute the packaging is! It's a quilted design on see through coloured plastic which just draws you in. Every shade has it's own colour packaging to match which automatically makes you want to collect them all.


I currently ones five shades which only one I bought here in the UK when it was at an introductory price of £5.99. I then bought the other four in America and with the exchange rate, I probably paid the same price for them as I did for my first one. I own Sugar Frosting, Gumdrop, Creamsicle, Strawberry Shortcake and Sweet Tart.


Sugar Frosting is a very pale pink with a rather strong white and blue undertone which has an almost frosty/shimmery finish to it. On the lips, it gives a white pink peal like finish which doesn't look to flattering on the deepest of skin tones.

Gum Drop is a very pale lilac with just a hint of subtle pink tones running through it. Gum Drop is one of those shades that anybody can wear as no matter how many times you apply it, your lips won't turn a vivid lilac colour as it's so sheer but yet so noticeable. I found Gum Drop to be very moisturising on the lips when compared to the others.

Creamsicle is one of my favourites as it's a muted peachy orange shade which looks so beautiful in the bullet. It applies almost a nude on the lips which I quite like. Although, I think this would look a tad better on those with darker skins than on myself as it washes me out slightly. Regardless, it's a very wearable shade and a definite to invest in.

Strawberry Shortcake is a warm pink toned lipstick verging on a very light barbie pink. I'm still not altogether sold on this shade as I'm not sure if it quite suits my complexion. I'm sure that this would look absolutely lovely with a tan but at the moment, I'm not sure. This applies very sheer but it's also very buildable, getting more brighter with each application.

Sweet Tart is a warm mid pink which is neither too bright nor too pale. It's just the right shade of pink that would definitely suit all skin tones! Just like with Strawberry Shortcake, with each application it just gets brighter and brighter.










Overall, I find that the consistency of those are very creamy and they apply onto the lips super easily too. It's a very moisturising formula which just feels so comfortable on the lips. Although, I find that they don't last too long on the lips. I would say between 2 - 3 hours before it needs re-applying again which is rather poor, especially for the price.
L-R is Sugar Frosting, Gum Drop, Creamsicle, Strawberry Shortcake and Sweet Tart

You can purchase the UK shades from Superdrug/Boots and the USA shades from eBay if you're lucky!

2 comments:

  1. I have Sweet Tart. I absolutely love it! Just wish it'd last a little longer. :) x

    ReplyDelete