Wednesday 10 July 2013

Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee



I have a crazy amount of the Revlon Lip Butters - I make it 11 which is crazy but then again, I've only bought one full priced as some were bought in America last year and others bought on 3 for 2 which works out a lot cheaper. There has only been one shade which I've been dying to get my mitts on yet never went out of my way to buy it which is Creme Brulee.

Creme Brulee is described as being a mid toned yellow based brown shade that has a rather glossy finish. As a nude lip lover, I really wanted to love this but sadly I just cannot get to grips with it. I personally find it to have little colour pay off if not any colour pay off at all when it comes to applying on my lips which is a shame as it's such a hit with many nude lovers a like. With this in mind, I only use it to layer over a nude lipstick to give it a glossy finish.

I personally find Creme Brulee to last roughly an hour or two on the lips before the glossy finish disappears which is a shame to when you compare it to another sheer lip butter like Pink Lemonade for example. You can find Creme Brulee as well as all the other lip butters in Superdrug or Boots for £7.99.

6 comments:

  1. This looks lovely! Such an interesting shade, I haven't seen anything like this before. Gorgeous!

    Sophie xo | That's What Sophie Said

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look lovely and all just it's a shame that it doesn't have great colour payoff :( xo

      Delete
  2. aww it looks lovely in the tube, such a shame the colour pay off.
    big hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully Revlon will bring out a better nude-ish Lip Butter in the near future :) xo

      Delete
  3. Aw what a shame, you look lovely in this photo though!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete