Sunday 14 July 2013

Rimmel Apocalips in Nude Eclipse



For those of you who have been reading my blog for a long time, you will know that I'm rather partial to a nude lip or three so when I heard that Rimmel were bringing out their Apocalips range and in particular a nude shade, I was over the moon. Sophia from Tattooed Tea Lady surprised me with two for my birthday, with one being Celestial and the other being Nude Eclipse.

Nude Eclipse is one of those nudes that I would describe as a dark beige which is rather like marmite - you either love it or hate it. In all honesty, I hate it as it doesn't suit me at all. I was expecting to have the same results as everybody else with it which was a pale pinky beige colour which looks stunning however due to having rather pigmented lips, Nude Eclipse looks like a lip colour that I would associate with older people. If you remember my review of the Collection 2000 Cream Puff in Powder Puff, then imagine Nude Eclipse being much darker than that.

Despite not being a lover of the shade, it does however last a impressive six-ish hours before it needs reapplying which is pretty good going for a lipstick/lipgloss hybrid. You can purchase Nude Eclipse and all the other shades from Boots or Superdrug for £5.99.

4 comments:

  1. I hear such good things about these, but I can't find them anywhere in America! It's so frustrating because I see other American blogs who found them. Even if your not fond of the shade its still awesome it lasted so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember rightly, they're called Show Off Lip Lacquers - exactly the same product as the ones here in UK just with a different name :) I hope you're able to find some soon! :) xo

      Delete
  2. Shame about the shade. It looks like a sort of nude that would look wrong on me as well!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just such a shame that they couldn't have brought out a true nude shade instead of a browny nude that doesn't suit many complexions xo

      Delete