Wednesday 2 July 2014

June Favourites



June has been a whirlwind month as I've spent the majority of it on holiday with being in America then heading up to Yorkshire a few days after I got back with a bit of shopping thrown in inbetween. As it's been such a fast pace month, I've been reaching for a few handful of products that are quick and easy to apply.

The La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+ is a hyped up product within the beauty blogger community that I couldn't imagine my skincare routine without. The original version broke me out whereas the new and improved + version appears to be getting rid of blemishes entirely as well as removing stubborn blemish marks as well. Granted that it does take a few short months for some marks to disappear completely but with every product, it does take time to see the full benefits. I've recently stocked up on this so I'm all good until next year.

Another product that I couldn't imagine my skincare routine without is Hydraluron which should really have Caroline Hirons' face on it with the amount of times she sings its praises. Hydraluron is essentially a moisture boosting facial serum that contains the purest form of hyaluronic acid which can hold up to a thousand times its weight in water. It basically acts as a magnet and helps moisturise your skin deep down. I use this both morning and night before I apply my moisturiser and I find that it just somehow makes my skin look more hydrated.

A product that has been featured in a few of these posts now is the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer and rightly so as it's the primer to use if you desire dewy skin. I apply this all over before applying foundation then dotting it on the tops of my cheeks for a really dewy effect. I've received so many compliments from people asking me what I've used and they always seem really surprised when I say that it's all down to this badboy. Another product that I've been using which gives similar effects is the Revlon Photoready Skinlights in Pink Light. Unlike the L'Oreal offering, I mix this in with my foundation which gives a certain glow to any base. I've been reaching for this every time I've worn makeup and it's definitely one of those must have products to have in your beauty stash.

The last product that I've been reaching for during June has been the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent. As the days are now getting warmer, I'm finding that using a primer alone is not enough to make my makeup last so I've been loving dusting this all over. I've also found that if you apply your primer and then set it with a powder before applying foundation, it makes your base last a lot longer which is what I've been trialling the past few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment