Wednesday 27 August 2014

August Birchbox Review

Birchbox are really having some very good beauty box months and this months certainly doesn't disappoint! Just like with the previous month being based on sun, sea and sand; this months theme is travel with all the products being enclosed in a cute, little travel friendly bag that is perfect for using on the plane.

After seeing spoilers, I was hoping I would get the sample of the Nude ProGenius Treatment Oil and I'm so glad that I did as I've been dying to try it for ages! This little 5ml sample worth £9.60 promises to transform your skin overnight and give your skin a lumunious glow which lasts all day. I would never splash out £58 for a 30ml facial oil although if the results are that good then I may have to take back this statement.

A product that caught me eye and one that I'm excited about using is the Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator Exfoliating Cleanser which is enriched with papaya, micro-crystals and aloe. Apparently you can use this up to five times a week which in turn transforms your skin into looking and feeling softer, younger and brighter. The full size of this is £26 for what I believe is 120ml making this generous 20g sample worth roughly £4.33.

I've never tried anything from Wild About Beauty so I'm glad that I received a full size crème eyeshade in the shade 03 Buster (£13) This is a cream to powder formula in the most beautiful golden bronze shade which requires no brushes as it's so easy to apply and blend. I can't wait to apply this for when I'm next out on the town!

A product that I'm not too crazy about is a 30ml sample of N.4 Lumiere D'Hiver Super Comb Prep & Protect worth £3. I think it is essentially a primer for your hair where it protects from UV damage whilst hydrating, repairing and detangling spray. I think this will be getting packed away and brought out next summer as I'll hopefully be going back to America for my 21st.

Lastly, I recieved two 3ml samples of Supergoop! CC Cream Daily Correct Light to Medium SPF35. I never truly caught onto the whole CC trend but I'm definitely willing to try these out. Apparently, they're self-adjusting shades to match your skin perfectly all with the added bonus of SPF35 so I can't wait to try these out and see if they truly match me perfectly. These two samples are worth £4.55 each.

In addition to the products and the travel size bag, there is a sample chapter of The Proposal by Tasmina Perry which I think I may have to buy the book as it sounds really good after reading the sample chapter. Overall, this box is worth a little over £39 which is very good value for money especially when it's only £10 + £2.95 P+P for the month. I can't wait to see what Birchbox includes in next months as I bet it will be along the themes of back to school or something similar..

No comments:

Post a Comment