Monday 11 August 2014

YSL Babydoll Mascara

Have you ever wanted to own something from a brand but never really wanted to splash the cash? I've felt like this towards YSL for ages however that has since changed after I found a discounted Babydoll set in my local Boots in January for a insane price of £9! It seemed criminal not to pick it up at that price if you ask me!

The YSL Babydoll Mascara (£24.50) comes housed in their same iconic gold tube with an added red babydoll scrawl.The brush itself is rather thin compared to others and is chunky with the head at a slight angle. It has an alternating mix of wide set bristles with finer ones which helps magnify and coat the lashes whilst defining even the shortest of lashes. I find the best way to use this is by starting at the root and wiggling it in in a gentle zig-zag like motion towards the ends of the lashes which creates the effect of false lash effect lashes.

I've been reaching for this on a daily basis for a few months now and it is most definitely love with every use. It seperates my lashes whilst giving length and volume which is what I tend to look for in a mascara. I find that it keeps its curl even after a long day at work which is definitely a bonus! Whilst I do love it, I won't be repurchasing it unless I find it again at another insane price as it does seem rather barbaric to repurchase it when I know that there are other mascaras out there that do pretty much the exact same albeit not in the same luxe packaging..

2 comments:

  1. I've heard this is a really good mascara but I'd hesitate to buy it at full price too. You got an absolute bargain xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we can both buy it around Christmas time for a insane price ;) xo

      Delete