Saturday 9 August 2014

Soap & Glory Peaches & Clean Cleanser



I must confess and admit that I've never tried Soap & Glory skincare. It's either because I feel that a body care brand can't have a good skincare line or because their products seem a little overpriced for what they actually are. Either way, I received their Peaches And Clean Deep Purifying Cleanser in their Soap & Glory The Yule Monty gift set that I treated myself to at Christmas and it's taken me until now to actually try it.

The Soap & Glory Peaches And Clean Cleanser (£8) is a 3-in-1 cleanser aimed to all skin types. It's a wash-off, deep purifying cleanser that contains a special de-clogging t-zone formula with extracts of peaches and gojuice and oxyginseng technology.

Whilst many people seem to rave about this cleanser, I personally hate it. I find that the consistency is a cross between a cleansing milk and a cleansing lotion which means that it's runny but not too runny that it goes everywhere. Unlike other cleansers where they have a slight scent to them, this is strongly scented of artificial minty peaches that whilst it is pleasant, it may be a concern to those with sensitive skin despite the cleanser itself being aimed to all skin types. I've noticed that when I use this, my skin feels a little tight which I believe is down to either the ingredients or my skin being sensitive to it or both. I find that whilst it does leave my skin clean, it doesn't feel like I've truly cleansed it as my skin just doesn't have that certain cleansed glow we all get after a thorough cleanse, which makes me question whether this cleanser is as deep purifying as it claims to be. In a bid to use it up completely which sadly you cant due to a packaging flaw (pump not long enough) my skin has really taken a turn for the worse which I think is definitely down to this and not my three chocolate bar a day addiction.. This truly is one of the worst cleansers I've used and if I ever receive another one in a gift, I will be passing onto a friend who surprisingly enough loves it.

Have you tried this?

4 comments:

  1. I really liked this at first, it smells so nice, but my skin went steadily downhill as the bottle went down... I was also super annoyed about the pump not reaching the bottom, but then again it meant I didn't have to use it all. It's a shame as it sounds so good in theory!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just personally think that bath based companies should stick to bathing products and not try their hands at skincare.. I hope your skin has gotten better! xo

      Delete
  2. I didn't feel my skin was properly cleansed after using this either. I'll stick to Liz Earle and Elemis. I love S&G's body butter but like you, not bowled over by their skin care.

    Emma

    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm glad that another person agrees with me on this! I adore Liz Earle too - such a good skincare brand at good prices as well. Hopefully they'll extend their bath/body range more than their skincare range in the next few months xo

      Delete