Wednesday 10 June 2015

MAC Haul 002

I think it's fair to say that I did quite a lot of damage at the MAC counter in York. So much so that I definitely do agree with what everyone says - they only give you a massive bag when you've spent a lot which is what I walked out with half hour later. I knew exactly what I wanted and the sales assistant was most than happy to get the items that I wanted for me.

I decided to get a new foundation that I can mix in with my other MAC Foundation to get the desired coverage. However, when I bought my other foundation (Mineralize Moisture SPF15 Foundation in in NC20) I clearly was tanned as it's a little more darker than what I normally use although I can still get away with it. This time around, I settled on NC15 which the sales assistant agreed was a better match for me which I opted to get in the Studio Sculpt Foundation which I wanted last year. I also decided to repurchase their Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade as I'm going through it at an alarming pace as well as pick up Soft & Gentle to find out what all the fuss is about. 

I went a little crazy and picked up four eye brow pencils in Lingering as truth be told, I much prefer the service in York than in my local one and I don't visit a MAC counter that often and I don't want to pay postage. One pencil easily lasts me a little over three months so I have atleast a years supply. As I've been using Creme Cup a lot recently, I decided to repurchase it as well as get another lipstick in the Cremesheen family in the shade Pure Zen which I've had on my wishlist for quite a while as it's a nice nude shade.

This is where I started to go even more crazy as I wanted to get some eyeshadows so Shroom, Woodwinked, All That Glitters, Satin Taupe and Honey Lust were all no brainers after a heavy swatching session. Jest and Vapour I picked up from York's CCO instead of from MAC themselves but I'm including them anyway. To store all these eyeshadows, I bought Pro Palette Large as well as the 15 insert which you have to buy seperately. I also got two paint pots in Bare Study and Painterly which have been on my wishlist forever and I can use as either a base shade/primer over my lids.

I also picked up a pigment in Vanilla as again I've wanted it for ages and it will last me forever and lastly, I picked up a 217 Brush which isn't pictured as I wanted to see if it lives up to the hype of being the eyeshadow brush to have.

2 comments:

  1. Great haul!! I really want pure zen. I love it when you go somewhere with a good service as it makes shopping so much better. Great choices on eyeshadow colours. I think I need to try the Mac eyebrow pencils now!

    M xx

    CSI Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It also makes you want to return to that particular store after having good customer service! You HAVE to try the eyebrow pencils - I cannot live without them! xo

      Delete