Tuesday 2 June 2015

May Favourites



May has been such a whirlwind month for me - what with all the travelling over the country seeing family, work and not to mention my 21st birthday. I've even been extremely naughty and treated myself to a new tattoo and did lots of shopping so I will most definitely be spending the next few months on a shopping ban in order to save up to move out.

As mentioned, I treated myself to a new tattoo which is very personal to me and without going into too many details, it's the signature of the Uncle whom I never got to meet. Many tattooist's recommend you using Bepanthen on new ink so I've been slathering my new tattoo in it for the best part of May in order to make sure that it heals nicely. So there is no surprise that this has been one of my favourites.For the third month running, my love affair for Hydraluron has most definitely been replaced with the Lacura Aqua-Complete Multi Intensive Serum. Despite it doing the exact same thing, the Lacura offering feels more hydrating and nourishing on the skin and I often layer the two together to get a real hydrating effect.

There's no denying that I love a good highlighter so I've been reaching for the No7 Instant Radiance Highlighter religiously in order to highlight all areas of my face. It's the perfect champagne come candlelit ivory shade which looks both flattering and natural on the skin without being too overpowering. I've actually almost finished my one so a repurchase is definitely on the cards! I tend to switch between bronzers and sometimes apply two together to chisel and define my cheekbones. However recently, I've found myself reaching more for the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny which gives a more natural finish to the skin. I apply quite a lot to the countours of my face and around my temple to create a sunkissed look whilst giving my pale skin some much needed colour. I've actually finally hit pan on this pan so it's only a question of time until I need to buy a new one.In order to apply said bronzer, I've been turning my back on the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and instead reaching more for the Real Techniques Multi Tasking Brush. This applies product in a more wider area and helps buff product out better which makes it look more natural on the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment