Friday 2 October 2015

September Favourites



September has been such a whirlwind month and one that I've spent mostly in a sleep deprived daze. I've been so busy with work, attending conferences and training and just generally preparing for Christmas that I can't remember what a lay in feels like. With that being said, I'm actually going away on holiday this Sunday for a week to Lanzarote with my other half for our first holiday abroad and I'm too excited at the prospect of just relaxing on a beach all week long! Before I get too carried away talking about my holiday, I better share what products I've been loving throughout the month.

I've been piling on the primer this month and the No7 Instant Illusions Airbrush Away Primer is the first step to creating a flawless, radiant base. It's a silicone come cream based texture that not only creates the appearance of flawless skin but adds a little radiance to the skin to make you appear more awake. Speaking of radiance, I've been applying the No7 Instant Radiance Highlighter like there's no tomorrow! I apply this both before foundation and after foundation to the tops of my cheekbones, on the bridge of my nose and under my brows to create this strobed effect that everybody seems to be following. Truthfully, I've been strobing ever since this badboy entered my life but hey ho.

If you thought that was enough highlighter, I've been dusting the Bourjois Java Rice Powder all over my face this month not just to set my makeup but rather to create the appearance of a glow from within. This powder doesn't create that dreaded disco ball effect when used with a really light hand but instead it creates a beautiful radiant glow that instantly makes you look like you've had a really good sleep. The brush that I tend to use with this is the Real Techniques Fan Brush that is from the Sculpting Set which picks up just the right product to dust all over the face. To coincide with a radiant base, I've been embracing coppery, taupe bronzed eyes so I've been using the MaxFactor Excess Shimmer in Copper to the lid which adds an instant wash of colour which you can either leave how it is or apply an eyeshadow over the top to enhance the colour.

Lastly, I've been using the Nails Inc Kensington Church Street Nail Varnish over every nail varnish I've used this past month to create a beautiful snow flake effect on my nails which looks both effortless and chic at the same time. I tend to layer this over darker nails to get the full effect but it also looks just as good over paler colours too.

No comments:

Post a Comment