Tuesday 13 November 2012

Lacura Concealer

Concealers are one of those products that I always seem to fall for, especially when they claim to reduce the appearance of blemishes and dark circles. I prefer buying drug store concealers rather than high end as if it doesn't work for me then I know that I haven't spent a fortune on it. In my quest of finding the perfect concealer, I've tried Lacuras' which is the infamous dupe for YSL Touche Elcat that I always seem to go back to.


The Lacura Concealer comes packaged in a nice box that does look quite professional and luxurious, especially for Aldis' standards. The concealer pen itself is very sleek - a metallic looking pen with a brush applicator. With just one click, it comes oozing out (unless you're about to try it for the first time then I would recommend getting a pin and stabbing it through the nozzle which is hidden in the brush). 


"With the light-reflecting micro-pigments of the Lacura Concealer Pen shadows, lines and fine wrinkles around the eyes are concealed, pigment disorders are covered and surface irregularities of the skin are balanced out."

Unlike many concealers which offer a variety of shades, Lacura's concealer comes in two shades; Savanna and Cashmere. I've picked up Savanna as it has pink undertones which is ideal for my skin tone. The texture of this is rather light (especially when compared to MUA's Brush-On Concealer Pen) and I find that it blends into the skin within seconds with ease. I find that you have to be quick when blending this as it dries quite quickly.

 L-R is swatched and blended in.

In terms of reducing the appearance of dark circles, I think it does an alright job at it. It makes the skin under your eyes look a lot more radiant but it doesn't hide the apperance of dark circles completely. However when it comes to concealing blemishes, it does a good job at it, especially when it's those dreaded red scars left from spots. All in all, it is a good cheap concealer which does the trick but it does nothing to hide spots. It also claims to be an ideal eyeshadow base which is handy to know when you've ran out of eyeshadow primer. I will continue purchasing this as I find that it's perfect for making my skin look a little more radiant on days when I'm not wearing any foundation.  

1 comment:

  1. Great review, I love brush concealers :) I like that it says its ideal for an eyeshadow base as I seem to never know when I've run out of primer until I go to use it and it's empty so this may be handy to have as a backup :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete