Monday 12 November 2012

MUA BB Cream in Medium

Like with many people, BB creams are slowly started to creep their way into my make up routine and I often favour them for days when I feel that I don't need a lot of coverage. I've tried quite a few and I think it's safe to say that my favourite by far is 17's BB cream. After seeing MUA's BB cream looking a little unloved in my drawer, I thought that it was about time I reviewed it.



MUA offer six shades in total which range from Light to Dark with a few rose shades in the middle, which is rather refreshing unlike other brands who only offer two shades or so. Keeping with the theme of the packing, MUA's BB Cream is presented in a black squeezy tube with the now very recognisable silver font which distinguishes it amongst other brands. Like with many BB creams, this is very easy to dispense the product as with one squeeze, it comes oozing out.


Unlike most BB creams, this one unforunately doesn't have any SPF which may be a wrong move for MUA if they wanted to keep with the modern day trends. So with that in mind, if you're going to be using this abroad, make sure you apply sunscreen before application! I have the shade Medium (as I bought this way before they released three more shades) and I find that this is not as orange based as many BB creams in Medium. It's actually a pretty good match to my skintone, just it needs to be warmed up slightly with a little bronzer here and there.

 L-R is Swatched & Buffed in

"Inspired by Asian Beauty Balms, our brand new MUA BB Foundation is a full coverage foundation containing a multi-functional formula that conceals, brightens and evens out skin tone for a perfect complexion"

MUA's BB Cream is very thick and creamy which does require a few minutes more to buff in fully. I would say that the coverage of this is pretty much medium as it does provide just enough coverage to conceal small blemishes however it does nothing to conceal large pores as it just glides over them instead of sitting in them. In terms of wear, with the use of a primer and a pressed powder, it lasted about 7/8 hours which is pretty good going. I wouldn't say that this brightened my skin tone but it did definitely even it out which made my complexion look better.

The only bad thing I have to say about this BB cream and I'm not sure if I've got a faulty tube, but the product does not stop dispensing - it's constantly oozing which makes me wonder if it's travel worthy as I wouldn't want to take this on holiday to discover that it oozed out over everything during the flight.

You can purchase this from Superdrug and MUA's online website for a measly £4.

1 comment: