Friday 16 November 2012

The Body Shop Aloe Lip Care

You know the annoying moment when you get to the till and the woman behind it says that it's three for two, so you have to go back and grab something just to get it for free? Well I did that, in Charlotte's Airport over in America back in July. I can't remember what else I bought in the Body Shop that day but I do remember getting their Aloe Lip Care for free. I included this in my Looking after your lips is just as important as looking after your skin post so I thought it would be about time I reviewed it.


The packaging is what you can normally expect from a lip balm - it's a squeezy tube applicator which means that you can run the risk of applying too much in some cases. I find that some squeezy tube lipbalms are a little too hard to squeeze to get it out however this is just perfect, with one squeeze and the lip care is oozing out! It doesn't say too much about what the product is on the packaging, apart from the fact that it's Aloe Lip Care, it's for sensitive skin and it conditions and soothes very dry lips. I've never noticed a lip balm being created for sensitive skin as since when do people have sensitive skin on their lips? 


The scent of this is rather quite unique as I really cannot put my fingers on it. It smells rather floral but in a good way with a slight hint of strawberries. The texture however is something else - it's a lot thicker than Carmex and a lot more stickier than a lip gloss which I'm sure many people wouldn't be keen of. It does however soothe your lips and makes them a lot more conditioned ready for lipstick application. But I don't think it goes as far as getting rid of chapped lips as it takes a long time for it to be asorbed meaning that it can quite easily be rubbed off the lips as the day goes on. The taste unforunately is nothing like how it smells, it tastes rather disgusting and leaves a weird after taste. So I wouldn't advice licking this off your lips!


Overall, I do really like the lip balm for what it does as I like to apply this at night and when I wake up in the morning, my lips feel really moisturised. But I personally don't think it's a lip balm for the day time use as it's far too sticky.

The Body Shop Aloe Lip Care is £5 ($9.50) and can be purchased from any Body Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment