Sunday 6 October 2013

NOTD 007


Products used:
Sally Hansen Insta-Grip Fast Dry Base Coat
Barry M Gelly Pomegranate // one coat
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat
Sally Hansen Mega Shine Extended Wear Top Coat

One thing I love the most about Autumn is digging out all the warm clothing. But more importantly, painting my nails an appropriate colour for the season. I picked up the Barry M Gelly Hi Shine nail varnish in Pomegranate towards the end of August with the sole purpose that this shade would be perfect for Autumn.

Pomegranate is one of those shades that can look either more pink or more red depending on what light its in. The picture above is doing it no justice as it's definitely more burgundy in person. With most of the Gelly nail varnishes I own, I find that each needs two coats which does make the whole painting the nails process a lot longer. However with Pomegranate, I found that one coat was definitely enough which I'm rather shocked at. The colour of this just looks so effortless and classic and I wish that I had started wearing this on my nails sooner!

I find that the wear time of this is pushing roughly a week before noticeable chips start appearing which is impressive even for me. Although, that may be down to the fact that I did apply two top coats purely to make it look a lot shinier.

No comments:

Post a Comment