Tuesday 2 September 2014

August Favourites

Do you have a favourite clothing item that you wear constantly that it's practically falling apart? I'm like that with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge except I have three and one of which I will have to either chuck or replace. I use this everyday without fail when I'm applying makeup as it's the only tool I've used to apply my base with for the last few months. It's kicking the Real Techniques Buffing Brushs' butt - literally. As I'm currently suffering with the mother of all breakouts, I've found myself relying more and more on the Seventeen Stay Time 18 Hour Concealer which I've been applying to anything that needs concealing. It's got buildable coverage, feels light weight and does the job ever so well. Seventeen have a limited colour range so I find that Extra Fair is the perfect match for me albeit being too light in certain lightings.

As well as concealing the mother of all breakouts, I've been arming myself with the Nip + Fab Gycolic Fix Exfoliating Facial Pads to help combat them. These are soaked in a mixture of gycolic acid, hyaluronic acid and blue daisy which not only helps with blemishes but it resurfaces the skin whilst moisturising and soothing the skin. I've noticed a huge improvement in my skin and I think its partially down to using these bad boys. I've even been recommending them to anybody and everybody who listens and quite a few people who have bought them after my recommendation are now having better skin days.

I've found myself favouring a nude-ish lip throughout August so I've been applying MAC Creme Cup almost religiously and toning it down slightly with a dab of concealer to create the perfect milky, pink nude that suits my pale complexion. I've noticed that I've almost used it all up so a repurchase is most definitely needed.

What products have you been loving throughout August?

1 comment: