Monday 7 May 2012

17 Wild Curls Mascara



I've waited quite a while to do this post because I'm not too keen on mascaras, what with wearing eyelash extensions and all. But whilst in Boots a few weeks ago, I bought this as an impulse buy. I think it was the packaging that drew me in as I love anything and everything leopard print.

This is the second 17 item that I have ever purchased, the first one being their BB cream (See here) This mascara was originally £6.99 but Boots were (and still possibly are) advertising it as £4 probably to get people to buy them I guess. So it's quite a steal in my eyes.

I tried it out on my bottom lashes and I just loved how it opened up my eyes and made my eyelash extensions not stand out as much. With just a few coats, they were looking full and defined which is what I used to look for in a mascara. 

As you can see, the mascara wand is not as big as Maxfactor's False Lash Effect nor is it as defined as Rimmel's Sexy Curves Mascara - it's just the right brush to give your lashes a defined yet fuller look. I'm not as much as a mascara expert but I reckon it's an all round mascara.

I have no downsides with this product apart from the occasional clumping with lashes which you get with all mascaras which is more or less down to the way that you apply it.

Have you tried this mascara or one of their other mascaras?
What's your favourite mascara?
xoxo 

5 comments:

  1. I have a love/hate relationship with makeup. I love your blog. I think we should follow each other! http://amyklundt.blogspot.com/

    Much Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! i love mascaras, i love Mac and Nyx mascaras.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually the first mascara that I own that I actually like :)

      Delete
  3. the brush on this looks really good, think i'm gonna have to get it! x

    ReplyDelete