Tuesday 20 May 2014

In Flight Beauty Essentials

By the time this post has gone up, I will be two and a half hours into my fourteen hour, three plane journey to where my Grandma and Grandpa are in America. To say that I'm excited is the least as I've been counting down for goodness knows how many months now and literally driving everybody at home and work mad. I've never travelled all by myself especially on such a long haul flight but I guess you have to do these things when you become an adult. As I'll be spending most of my time today up in the air, I've packed a whole host of sample sized goodies to keep my skin in almost tip top shape which I like to think of as my in flight beauty essentials.

The most important duo I'm taking with me are Cuticura Anti Bacterial Hand Gel in Passion Flower & Mango and Soap & Glory Hand Food. The hand gel is for obvious reasons and the hand cream is to keep my hands moisturised. These two will also not be leaving my slight throughout my trip as well. I've packed an essential in the form of Nivea Essential Care Lip Balm as my lips can get extremely dry, especially whilst flying so hopefully this will prevent my lips from drying out even more.

I'm taking a whole host of sample sized goodies to help keep my skin moisturised and hydrated throughout the journey/s. The most tiniest one of them all is a little vial of Lulu & Boo Frankincense Regenerating Serum which I'll be applying at the start of each plane journey closely followed by Avene Soothing Moisture Mask to act as a moisturiser. I'll also be applying Clarins HydraQuench Cream-Mask which I'll be leaving on instead of wiping off to get the full benefits and if my skin is feeling extremely dry still, I've got a little sample of Caudalie Vinosource Rich Intensive Moisture Rescue Cream which will hopefully sort it out right away. In between applying all these heavy duty creams, I'll be applying Hydraluron which acts as a magnet and helps your moisturiser absorb deeper into the skin.

I'm also taking some cute travel sized Yes To Cucumber Soothing Facial Towelettes which I received in April's Birchbox. These are to be used to clean my face off all the gunk from one flight before starting the skincare routine all over again. I know that doesn't sound ideal but I don't fancy cleansing my skin properly just to do it all again a few hours later. The last essential is some good old Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief + Whitening Toothpaste as I'm packing my toothbrush in my hand luggage. This is just so I can keep my mouth fresh as I'm sure the food on the flights will be delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment