Thursday 16 October 2014

L'Oreal Triple Active Day Cream

It would appear that it takes me forever to finish up any facial moisturiser whether it be a day or night version as I would much rather make it last as long as possible to give it a true road test without skimping out on how much I apply. I've been using the L'Oreal Triple Active Day Moisturiser for Dry/Sensitive Skin for the past five or so months which I actually bought back before Christmas as a little present to myself which also contained the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Purifying Micellar Solution. As I'm almost nearing the end of my pot, I thought I better share my two cents on it.

The L'Oreal Triple Active Day Cream (£6.49) was created specifically to provide long lasting hydration for al skin types and in particular, dry/sensitive skin. It contains glycerin which helps to improve the skin's ability to retain moisture and maintain skin hydration. It's enriched with vitamin E and a UV filter which helps to protect the skin against everyday outside exposure. With the added additions of ceramide and vitamin B5, the formula helps to reinforce the skin's protective surface and helps leave it soft and nourished.

Unlike other facial moisturisers which I've used in the past, less is definitely more in this case as I've noticed that if I apply too much, it makes my makeup flake off which is not a attractive look. In terms of hydration, I would say that this does a pretty average job as my skin didn't feel any less hydrated whist using it which is probably because it's a slightly thick consistency which takes a little while for the skin to absorb. Whilst this didn't necessarily contain any SPF, it did leave a slight cast on any photos which is down to the UV filter which may be something to consider. Overall, this is a pretty average moisturiser which does exactly what it says. I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to repurchase it as I have quite a few to be getting through at the moment but if you're in the market for one which doesn't break the bank then try the L'Oreal Triple Active Day Cream especially if you've got dry skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment