Monday 5 January 2015

Best of 2014: Makeup

The only foundation that I have repurchased multiple times during 2014 as well as use pretty much every day without a doubt has to be the Bourjois Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix Foundation. It has medium coverage which can be built up if you wish but I much prefer to mix it in with other foundations due to the healthy glow that it gives my skin. It feels both lightweight and hydrating on the skin and easily lasts for a good eight hours. During 2014, I became one of those girls who craved a radiant, dewy look and I couldn't have acheived such results with the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer which can be used as both a primer or highlighter or mixed in with your foundation to create a dewy base. I personally use it as a primer as I found that no matter how much foundation I applied over it, the luminousity will still shine through.

I am so grateful that I discovered the Revlon Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator in Pink Light during 2014 as I simply cannot live without it! I mix an equal part of this to my foundation and apply it like normal which creates the perfect radiant, dewy base that has quite literally become my radiant secret weapon that I use every single day without fail. 2014 saw me using one bronzer alone for the best part of the year which is the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny which I truly regret writing such a negative review about. This is quite literally the perfect bronzer to lightly contour the skin, adding warmth to the areas that need it most. It's neither too orange or too muddy, it's just the right colour especially for us pale beauties. 

My heart stayed true to only one lipstick which is MAC's Creme Cup which I'm very nearly out of as I've used it that much! It's the perfect pale, nudey pink shade which is ideal for everybody especially those who don't feel quite as confident wearing lipstick. I use it on those days where I'm not sure of what lip colour to wear so I stick to what I know suits me which this one does ever so well. As it is a cremesheen, it doesn't last that long on the lips but I personally don't mind reapplying it every so often. Thoroughout 2014, I discovered that filling in eyebrows can make just as much as an impact as wearing a bright lipstick as it just makes your makeup look even more put together. For the best part of the year, I was using the Natural Collection Eyeshadow in Crushed Walnut which with a very light hand, matches my eyebrow colour perfectly. As you can tell, it is very much loved as I've already hit pan on it!

2 comments:

  1. really want to try MAC's creme cup, love the colour of it loads xx

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That eyeshadow looks really nice!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete