Wednesday 7 January 2015

Best of 2014: Skincare

Last year was the year where I started using acidic toners on a more daily basis and most mornings, I found myself reaching for the Botanics All Bright Cleansing Toner which is by far one of the more milder ones I've used. As it contains hibiscus which is one of natures brightness boosters, it leaves the skin brighter and smoother and it doesn't break the bank either. There has been only one serum which I have used everyday without fail which is the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+ which I much prefer over the original. This helps with any blemishes and scarring left from blemishes as well as helping with redness, minimising blackheads as well as offering oil control. This is quite literally one of my favourite skincare products ever and will be one that I will continue to repurchase time and time again.

Next up is a product that I have a stash to rival the likes of Caroline Hirons which is none other than Hydraluron. Just like with the previous product, I've been using Hydraluron without fail every single day, twice a day and it's been helping with my dry skin look ever so plump. It is essentially a magnet that acts with your moisturiser to help drawer it further down in your skin which unless you've used it yourself, you'll know what I mean. It is extremely pricey especially when my next product is essentially a dupe of it but I cannot get enough of it and what it does for my skin. Before I started using Hydraluron, I discovered Lacura Aqua Complete Multi Intensive Serum which acts almost like Hydraluron just not with as purer ingredients. This helped transform my dry, dull skin into soft, hydrated skin which lasted all day. I use both this and Hydraluron together especially when my skin is feeling drier than normal and both help keep my skin hydrated.

Throughout 2014, I battled many breakouts some of which took what felt like forever to go away. Almost every single time, I used Sudocrem which may not be to everybodys standards but it truly worked wonders for me. I would apply this on top of my night time moisturiser/facial oil on any blemishes and come morning, it would have reduced a considerable amount in size and redness and after one or two more nights, it would have disappeared entirely. One of the only lipbalms that I craved, used a billion times and stocked up heavily on during 2014 were the EOS Lip Balms. They come in a spherical shape that not only makes people ask what you're using but makes them so easy to use. Whilst they may not be the most hydrating lip balms on the market, the huge variety of scents sure make up for it. I've definitely made sure that I've got more than enough to last me before my next trip to America!

No comments:

Post a Comment