Monday 29 December 2014

December Birchbox Review

If there is just one thing that Birchbox always gets right then it's their collaborating boxes! For the December box, they've teamed up with accessories designer Sophia Webster who I haven't heard of until now. The box itself is beautifully designed with a pale duck egg blue adorned with pretty jewels all different shapes, colours and sizes which would definitely stand out on your vanity if you chose to keep the box to store things in.

The box itself isn't the only thing that sparkles this month as every box contains a Models Own Velvet Goth Nail Polish (£5). I receieved the shade Obsidian which is a beautiful black with chunky glitter which will look perfect over a black shade which will stand out amongst the more traditional, festive glitters. Unlike other glitter nail varnishes, the Velvet Goth range has a long-lasting matte finish and comes in five different shades.

One addition to the box that I'm most excited about trying is the Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil (£16.50) which is infamous across the blogging world as the rosehip oil to try. It helps give the skin some extra nourishment as well as helping to remove any blemish scars. If I love this just as much as everybody else does, I will definitely be rushing out and buying this in full size!

Another skincare addition to the box is the Ilcsi Grape Stem Cell Gel Mask (£43.95) which is formulated with fine grape seed powder which helps to smooth and rejuvenate the skin whilst revealing smoother, softer skin. I'm hoping that I don't fall in love with this as it would be a very pricey affair!

There's two makeup products included in the December box - one sample size and one full size. There's a cute little Benefit Christmas Cracker which I couldn't resist opening to reveal a mini Benefit High Beam (£19.50) which are one of those liquid highlighters that you have to work quickly with. This is a Birchbox exclusive and is one that I'm happy to have a backup of as they appear to last forever! The full size product is the Eyeko Fat Eye Stick (£8) of which I received the shade Smoke. This is another Birchbox exclusive which is a very intense black with fine silver shimmer which gives it a very metallic finish.

For hair care, there is a travel sized Electric Hair Electric Hydrate Shampoo (£17.50) which promises to help repair damaged hair whilst improving shine with a nourishing and moisture-rich formula. I haven't actually heard of this brand before so I'm interested to see how it compares up to my normal Aussie 3MM.

Last but not least, finishing off the Sophia Webster Birchbox collaboration is the Sophia Webster Purse (£10) which was exclusively designed for Birchbox! The purse has a leopard print on one side with a stripe design on the other with gold zip detailing. This is the perfect size to fit a few cards, notes and loose change and is going straight into my bag.

1 comment:

  1. If US birchboxes were like this I'd re-subscribe but the US boxes are crap.

    Man I am beyond jealous, I'd love that bag too if I got it!

    ReplyDelete