Thursday 11 December 2014

Nivea Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover

I've recently found myself experimenting more with my eye makeup and am often rocking a subtle bronze smokey eye to work as I find that it compliments my eyes nicely. This means that I need a good eye makeup remover to remove even stubborn waterproof mascara so I've recently been reaching for the Nivea Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover to do just very that.

The Nivea Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover (£3.59) is a blue bi-phase solution that you have to shake up to combine the two liquids together. The oil phase helps to remove even the most waterproof of eye makeup which has been specially formulated and tested for the sensitive eye area whilst the aqueous phase protects and cares for the lashes, without leaving an oily residue.

As stated on the packaging, you have to shake vigorously to ensure that both liquids are combined. Now between me and you, no amount of shaking will keep the liquids combined as literally a second or two after shaking, the liquids are no longer combined which means that you either have to use a lot of elbow grease to remove your eye makeup or become one of those stealthy people who can quickly shake and pour onto a cotton pad. Even when I've managed to pour some onto a cotton pad and then proceed to remove my eye makeup, it literally doesn't remove much mascara unless I rub my eyes heavily and even then, it leaves the dreaded panda look. Another bug bear is that it states that it won't leave an oily residue which is not true at all! Even the tiniest amount of the stuff leaves my eye area feeling oily and greasy which is not ideal when you're just wanting to take off all your makeup. Overall, this is one of the worst eye makeup removers I've used and I urge everybody to not even bother wasting your money on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment