Saturday 13 December 2014

My Winter Beauty Must Haves



There is nothing that I hate more during winter than having cold, cracked hands and lips which have suffered from the harsh winter weather. In order to combat this, I like to use various products to keep everything in top top condition which I would deem my winter beauty must haves. 

It would appear that I suffer with cracked hands more during the winter than any other time of the year so I first like to clean my hands and remove any bacteria using the Wilko Hand Sanitiser which not only cleans my hands but it also makes a good base for my hand cream as I find that my hand cream soaks in quicker if I've used a hand sanitiser beforehand. The hand cream that I've been using recently is the Superdrug 2-in-1 Hand & Nail Cream which is enriched with keratin and pro-vitamin B5 which helps soften the hands as well as help strengthen the nails. Once thats all absorbed in, I quickly like to use a little Burts Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream on my cuticles which smells exactly like sherbet lemons!

When it comes to my skincare routine, I always ensure that I use Hydraluron which acts as a magnet with my moisturiser and helps keep my skin moisturised for longer. This stuff is literally holy grail material and I will never be without it! I've been finding that my lips need more than just an EOS Lipbalm so I've recently been using the Burts Bees Ultra Moistusing Lip Treatment which has a consistency like vaseline but it's definitely a lot more effective! I find that when I apply this at night, I can still feel traces of it come morning on my lips and they feel so much softer as well. I always carry around the No7 Dry Skin Rescue just in case my elbows/hands need a little more TLC and this certainly works wonders. It has helped heal even the most cracked of elbows within a matter of days.

What are your winter beauty must haves?

No comments:

Post a Comment